Dr. Koulianos Past Employment:
- Assistant Professor
University of South Alabama
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology Dept of OB/GYN
7/1/9 – 4/30/93
- Program Director
The Center for Reproductive Medicine
Three Mobile Infirmary Circle
Mobile, AL 36607
5/1/93 – present
- Adjunct Assistant Professor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology University of South Alabama
2004 – present
Dr. Koulianos Education:
Houston Baptist University
B.S. Biology and Chemistry
1977 – 1981
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
1981 – 1985
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Texas Tech Health Science
Center at Amarillo
1985 – 1989
Reproductive Endocrinology Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Tulane Medical School
1989 – 1990
Reproductive Endocrinology Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology University of South Alabama
1990 – 1991
Dr. Koulianos Awards and Honors
- President, PreMed Club Houston Baptist University 1979 – 1980
- President, Alpha Epsilon Delta (Premedical Honor Society) Houston Baptist University 1980 – 1981
- Member Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Society Houston Baptist University
- Member Alpha Chi Honor Society Houston Baptist University
- ACOG/CIBA Fellowship for Research in Endocrinology of the Post- reproductive Woman ($25,000) 1990 – 1991
- Title: Adrenal Androgen Production in Menopausal Women before and after Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Tulane University Medical School Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence in Resident Teaching, 1990
Dr. Koulianos Memberships
- American Medical Association
- Alabama State Medical Society
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
- TOGAS Society
- Medical Society of Mobile County
Associated Committees Dr. Koulianos has been involved with
- Board of Censors/Board of Censors Health of the Mobile County Medical Society 2010 – present
- Secretary, Mobile County Health Department 2010 – 2011
- President, Mobile County Health Department 2012 – 2013
- Women and Children’s Committee Chairman Mobile Infirmary Medical Center 2002 – 2004
- Credential Committee, Member Mobile Infirmary Medical Center 2001 – present
- Women’s and Children’s Division Vice Chairman Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Medical Staff, 1998 – 2002
- Medical Executive Committee Member Mobile Infirmary Medical Center 2005 – 2006, 2008
- Medical Staff Secretary/Treasurer Mobile Infirmary Medical Center 2008
- American College of Obstetrician Gynecologists/ Alabama Association of Obstetrician/ Gynecologists Advisory Council Member, November 1998 – November 2001
- Medical Records Committee, 1991 – 1993
- Utilization Review Committee, 1992 – 1993
- Surgery Committee, USA Doctors Hospital, 1992
- Task Force on Technology, Creativity, and Innovation, 1992
- Institutional Review Board, 1992 – 1993
Dr. Koulianos Professional Licensure
- Alabama: The Center for Reproductive Medicine (at the Mobile Infirmary Medical Center) 3 Mobile Infirmary Circle, Suite 213 Mobile, AL 36607
- Florida: The Center for Reproductive Medicine Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility & Menopause 1118 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Suite 204 Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
- Mississippi: The Center For Reproductive Medicine 11505 Cinema Drive, Suite 13 D’Iberville, MS 39540
- The Center for Reproductive Medicine (at the Mobile Infirmary Medical Center)
- 3 Mobile Infirmary Circle, Suite 213
- Mobile, AL 36607
- (251) 438-4200
- The Center for Reproductive Medicine Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility & Menopause
- 1118 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Suite 204
- Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
- (251) 438-4200
- The Center For Reproductive Medicine
- 11505 Cinema Drive, Suite 13
- D’Iberville, MS 39540
- (251) 438-4200
For your convenience, we are also pleased to offer appointments at our Montgomery and Dothan satellite locations.
Abstracts by Dr. Koulianos
- Koulianos GT, Gimpel T, Lawrence A. Degelos S, Castracane VD: Effect of Adiposity on serum leptin during controlled ovarian hyperstimulation. Accepted for presentation to the 16th World Congress on Fertility and Sterility. San Francisco, CA 1998.
- Koulianos GT, Degelos S, Castracane VD: Effect of exogenous growth hormone in a panhypopituitary patient undergoing ovulation induction with hMG. Accepted for presentation to the 53rd Annual Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Cincinnati, OH 1997.
- Koulianos GT, Witt BR, Thorneycroft IH, Castracane VD: Effect of estrogen replacement therapy on sex hormone binding globulin in menopausal women. Accepted for presentation 49th Annual Meeting of The American Fertility Society, Canada, October 1993.
- Castracane VD, Koulianos GT, Meeks CA: Follicular phase administration of hCG and corpus luteum rescue results in a prolonged suppression of ovulation. Accepted for presentation at the Symposium on Glycoprotein Hormones: Structure, Function and Clinical Implications, Santa Barbara, California, March 1993.
- Koulianos GT, Meeks CA, Castracane D: Ovarian response to hCG: evidence for luteal androgen production in early pregnancy and for an effect of obesity on early luteal response. Accepted for presentation at the 74th Annual Meeting of The Endocrine Society 1992.
- Koulianos GT, Witt BR, Wolf GC, Azziz R, Thorneycroft IH: Adrenal androgen production in menopausal women before and after estrogen replacement therapy (ERT). Accepted for presentation to the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1992.
- Koulianos GT, Castillo R, McCaferty R, Meeks C, Castracane D: Commonly used dosages of human chorionic gonadotropin have no effect on thyroid function. Presented at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Las Vegas, Nevada, May 1992.
- Koulianos GT, Witt BR, Wilbourn S, Bosco J, Chandler P, Thorneycroft IH, Castracane D: Effect of OGTT on insulin, glucose and androgens in normal pregnancy and gestational diabetes. Presented at 38th Annual Meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation, San Antonio, Texas, March 1991.
- Koulianos GT, Meeks CA, Castillo RA, Castracane D: Rescue of the human corpus luteum from the previous cycle by hCG administration in the follicular phase is accompanied by a rescue of ovarian inhibin production. 73rd Annual Meeting of The Endocrine Society, Washington, DC, June 1991.
- Koulinoas GT, Witt BR, Vari R, Thorneycroft IH, Castracane D: Effect of exogenously administered human chronic gonadotropin (hCG) on atrial natriuretic peptide levels during the luteal phase. Presented at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists District VII Annual Meeting, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, November 1991.
- Koulianos GT, Meeks C, Gimpel T, Castillo R, Castracane D: The effect of hCG administration of serum Ca-125 levels. Presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society, Orlando, Florida, October 1991.
- Witt Br, Miles R, Wolf GC, Koulianos GT, Thorneycroft IH: Ca-125 levels abruptio placentae. Presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the American Fertility Society, Washington, DC, October 1990.
- Koulianos GT, Andrus S, Castracane D: Effects of hCG on luteal phase androgen production. Presented at the 37th Annual Meeting of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Atlanta, Georgia, May 1989.
- Koulianos GT, Castracane D, Castillo R, Goldsmith L, Weiss G: Rescue of the corpus luteum with hCG during the follicular phase. Presented at the 37th Annual Meeting of The Society for Gynecologic Investigation, St. Louis, Missouri, March 1990.
- Koulianos GT, Garth TF, Degelos S, Inge GB: Effect of Donor Oocytes Obtained from Infertile Patients on Donor and Recipient Cycles. Presented at the 68th Annual Meeting of The American Society for Reproductive Medicine, San Diego, CA, October 2012.
- Krisher RL, Stevens J, Janesch A, Degelos SD, Koulianos G, Schoolcraft WB: An Oocyte Specific Medium for the First 24 Hours of Culture Improves Development of Good Quality Blastocysts. Presented at the 68th Annual Meeting of The American Society for Reproductive Medicine, San Diego, CA, October 2012.
- Forman M, Sparks AET, Degelos S, Koulianos GT, Worrilow KC: Statistically Significant Improvements in Clinical Outcomes Using Engineered Molecular Media and Genomically Modified Ultraviolet Light for Comprehensive Control of Ambient Air Quality. Presented at the 70th Annual Meeting of The Society for Reproductive Medicine, Honolulu, HI, October 2014.
Publications by Dr. Koulianos
- Witt Br, Miles R, Wolf GC, Koulianos GT, Thorneycroft IH: Ca-125 levels in Abruptio Placentae. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology; 164:1225- 1228, 1991.
- Koulianos, G.T., Meeks, C.A. and Castracane, V.D. (1992) Ovarian response to HCG: evidence for luteal androgen production in early pregnancy and for an effect of obesity on early luteal response. Endocrinology, 130 (Suppl.), 275.
- Koulinaos, G.T., Treatment of acne with oral contraceptives: Criteria for “pill” selection. CUTIS;66:281, 2000.
Koulianos, G.T., Gonadotrophins in the Treatment of Infertility. U.S. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2009; 4(1):29-36.
Book Chapters by Dr. Koulianos
- Koulianos, GT, Thorneycroft IH: “Laboratory changes due to oral contraceptives” In: Willett GD 9ed). Clinical Pathology correlation for Obstetrician-Gynecologist. In Press, 1992
- Koulianos GT, Thorneycroft IH: “Abnormal sex hormone binding hormone” In: Schlaff W.D. and Rock J.A. (ed) Decision Making in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 1993
- Azziz R, Koulianos GT: “Adrenal androgens and reproductive aging in females” In: Maroulis G.B. (ed) Seminars in Reproductive Endocrinology, 9:3:1991
- The Pituitary Patients Resource Guide/Second Edition, 1998
- Thorneycroft IH, Koulianos GT: “Hormonal treatment of the post- reproductive woman: Risks and benefits” In: Blackwell RE and Carr B. (ed) Textbook of Reproductive Medicine, 1993
- Koulianos GT: “Metabolism in reproductive hormones” In: Askel S. (ed), Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. 1991
- Koulianos GT, Gill KA: “Infertility” In: Gill KA (ed) Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2013
Research and Completed Clinical Trials with Dr. Koulianos
- Serono Protocol 21750, “A phase III, Multicenter, double-blind, double-dummy, randomized parallel group study to compare the safety and efficiency of recombinant human luteinizing hormone (r-hLH) with urinary human Chorionic Gonadotropin (u-hCG) in inducing final follicular maturation and early luteinization in women undergoing ovarian stimulation with recombinant human Follicle Stimulating Hormone (r-hFSH; Gonal-F) prior to IVF-ET.” Total budget pf $210,000.00 & 23 patients enrolled.
- Serono protocol 23963, “A phase II, Prospective randomized, open-label, multicenter, dose finding. Comparative study for the evaluation of the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole versus clomiphene in stimulating follicular development and ovulation in infertile women with ovulatory dysfunction.’ Total budget $65,000.00 & 7 patients enrolled.
- Serono protocol 25550, “A phase II, Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, Dose Finding, Comparative Study for the Evaluation of the Aromatase Inhibitor Anastrozole (Multi-Dose) versus Clomiphene Citrate in Stimulation Follicular Growth and Ovulation In Infertile Women with Ovulatory Dysfunction” Total budget $45,500.00 and 12 patients enrolled.
- Pfizer Protocol A0081104 “A Phase IV, Prospective Randomized Double Blind Study of Sperm Production in Healthy Volunteers Receiving Pregabalin or Placebo.”
- Merck National Speakers Bureau
- Ferring National Speakers Bureau